G. 1959 MGA Restoration Sill Intallation

Send comments to mostlymiata@gmail.com

Other Links

1959 MGA Restoration

Sill Installation

I finally got to work on the MGA today. I had been waiting to get a new welder and to get the lift installed. Now I have to make time between the hundreds of other projects I seem to get involved in. So today, I took the time to work on the MGA again.

The first order of business is to install a new rear panel to support the rear door jamb. I already had the part I had bought cut to fit the car. I had to modify the purchased panel since it was not correct based on the one I removed.

I finish fitted the panel and tacked it in. The pliers are holding the panel to one of the body attachment brackets so I can weld the holes I drilled for a type of spot weld.

Vendor Links

The Parts Group

It took a while, but I got it stitched in.

Here is the inner sill for the driver's side as I tacked it in.

I overlapped it at the lower rear corner for added strength. I hope that does not cause fitment problems.

This is the final result. I still have to grind the front section flat, but the rear section is done.

Next I will attach the outer sills and door jambs.