E. 1959 MGA Restoration Sill Removal
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
1959 MGA Restoration
I started finding more and more rust damage as I began to remove parts from the driver's side of the MGA. The sills were in poor shape including the inner sills. Also the door jambs and rear panels were in sad shape.
I kept removing parts by drilling out the spot welds and using a wood chisel to separate the parts. I kept all the parts so I can get measurements from them if needed. I also took some measurements to use for installation.
The bar over the door space is what I used for making measurements and what I will use for reference later.
The outer sills came off first.
Then the door jambs.
Next was the inner sill.
Now I have to make some parts or get new ones.